Follow appetiteofdest on Twitter

Monday 23 May 2016

Who put the "Posh" in Heavy Metal?

Who put the "Posh" in Heavy Metal?


Well, oneself and Ainsley Rubert Haversham III have just returned from a most delightful hiatus in Southern France where we toured the vineyards and ate sumptuous Bouillabaisse while basking in the glorious springtime sun.

Aye right!
I live in London and have to brace the rain and eat 50p noodles because all my bleedin wages go on renting a shoebox. 
And I remember when noodles cost 18p. Scandalous.

So? Who put the Posh in Heavy Metal?

This man!

Mr Brucie, Bruce Dickinson
The man, the legend that is Bruce Dickinson. 
Posh boy come Heavy Metal Vocalist extrordiner. 
I love Iron Maiden and I love Bruce Dickinson. Hes a great entertainer.
What stage presence this guy has, opposed to all the self loving singers who just stand behind a mic and expect to be adored. 
Entertain me twat. 
The bubbles in my warm pint are more fucking interesting than you. 

So, Brucie McBrucester, as I like to call him, is a boarding school lad (poor guy, bet he never got to experience the joy that was State school free warm milk?), trained fencer, Jumbo jet pilot as well as being the vocalist of one of the best Heavy Metal bands to ever grace this earth. 
What a guy. 

Here's one of my favorite Iron Maiden videos. 
It even has posh school kids in it painting an old ruined Abbey in England. Class!



So what do Posh Englishmen drink?

Apart from their OWN GOD DAMN BREWED BEER? 




Well, Pimms of course.




Now I love a bit of sunny weather Pimms Punch in the park as much as the next person but I have to hide it in A Buckfast bottle so as not to let my fellow Scottish country men down. 
Need to keep up appearances like!

(I'm only kidding. I hide it in my boot).



So I've devised a little sunny weather Pimms ice lolly recipe that you can take to the Park for your posh picnics. 
Enjoy, I'll be the one in the park drinking from my boot and peeing in the bushes, like every true Glaswegian should. 




Pimms Ice Lollies
 
 

You will need ice lolly moulds, obviously. 

ml Pimms
ml lemonade
Strawberries
1 orange
small portion cucumber
Small handful fresh mint



Slice the strawberries, cucumber and orange and rip up the mint. Divide between the lolly moulds.
Divide the Pimms and Lemonade between the moulds, give it a wee stir then put the sticks on and freeze overnight ready to take to the park. 

Seriously, what the fuck? 


No comments:

Post a Comment