Follow appetiteofdest on Twitter

Friday 6 May 2016

No Love Lost...... For The Humble Chicken Wing.




Hello my wonderful followers (ahem, follower),
I can tell you that I sure have Lost No Love for me ol' favorite snacking food, The Chicken Wing. 
Peanut and Strawberry chicken wings to be precise. 

I bought the Peanut butter from Maltby Street Market check it out, It's flippin amazing
Maltby Street Market



Chicken wings are a dish best eaten on their own, in your pants, with a shame smeared sauce face. 
Seriously, if you want a date to run away fast, eat chicken wings in front of them............... or you could choke on a bit of squid in a nice sushi restaurant, make horrible retching noises and nearly vomit on the table.
That'll certainly do it.  
Well, I've never claimed to be a lady.
It's OK folks, he came back.  Ssssssssh, Don't tell Pepper Keenan.

Speaking of my one true love, Pepper. He was playing with The COC the other night in London but I couldn't get a ticket because I am a pauper. 
So I was walking past the venue and I saw Kirk Windstein, (Google it) started having a mild panic attack, spun around in a frantic circle and contemplated holding Old Kirky hostage till he agreed to get Pepper to come out and Marry me (only kidding Henry..... That totally didn't happen).



Here is a little Ditty from a band called Carcass, see what I did there eh, eh?  Chicken ...Carcass.....Chicken wings.
The puns are never ending with me.
I don't know why I don't have my own TV Cookery show yet?
Oh wait, no. 
It's because I'm a lazy blogger.

Enjoy the video folks, It's one of my all time favorites. 
The riffing is spiffing.  




I nicked the idea for this recipe from a bar in Putney called Lost and Co. Check it out. They do amazing cocktails and really tasty food. 
LOST & CO

It sounds bat shit crazy but it really works, the sweetness from the strawbs cuts through the salty peanut butter and it's a good recipe to make if you are skint as chicken wings are pretty dang cheap.

I'm not gonna lie, I ate a Kilo of them to myself and I was sauce smeared and in my pants but I didn't feel even the slightest bit ashamed.
 It's good when you can lick chicken wing sauce off your own body and there's no one there to judge you. 
Mmmmmmmmmm.

Peanut and Strawberry Chicken Wings  



1 Kg chicken wings jointed

Marinade
280g buttermilk or natural yoghurt
10g fresh grated ginger
50g runny honey
75g peanut butter
60g strawberry jam 

Sauce
70g buttermilk or natural yoghurt 
50g strawberry jam
75g peanut butter
10g hot sauce
60ml water 

Mix the chicken wings well with the marinade ingredients so that the chicken wings are well coated.
Store in the fridge over night. 

Heat your oven to 180 degrees (or equivalent) and place the chicken wings onto a well oiled tray or a tray lined with baking or greaseproof paper.
Cook the wings for about 35 to 45 minutes till crispy on the outside.

Whisk all the sauce ingredients together and toss in the hot chicken wings to coat evenly.

Make sure you have  a LOT of napkins, skin, whatever. 

Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment