Follow appetiteofdest on Twitter

Friday 6 May 2016

Heavy Metal Fairies

G'day Mates. 
That's how they say hello in Australia by the way. 

Today's recipe is in honour of my pal Amanda, who hails from the Great Outback, so great in fact that she now lives in London. 

The recipe is for Fairy Bread.


Right, so Fairy Bread is basically just white bread with butter and sugar sprinkles on top. 
I know, weird eh?
Amanda swears that it gets served at every Australian kids party.
I'm still not sure if she is pulling my leg? 
Though, coming from the land of the Mythical deep fried Mars bar, I suppose I can't really judge. 


Here's a video for a great Ozzie band called Frankenbok.
They have the best name ever. 
Gee those crazy Ozzies. 





Gosh this man is so angry. I bet it's because his parents made him eat Fairy Bread as a kid. "Look ma! I've got Unicorn poop".


The recipe isn't really hard to follow but here you go

Fairy Bread


2 slices white bread
butter or margarine
Hundreds and Thousands (or sugar sprinkles as the rest of the world seems to call them)

Butter your slices of bread, sprinkle over the.......sprinkles. 
Serve, enjoy. Maybe.
I think it's like Marmite. You will either love it or hate it.
I was................ not displeased.



No comments:

Post a Comment