Follow appetiteofdest on Twitter

Thursday 14 July 2016

PEACHY KEEN FOR PEARL JAM


Hello everyone,
I went a wee bit peach mad this month. 
I made my Goonies Never Say Die Peach Pie, but still had a ton of ripe little peachy bottoms left over.






I had to come up with more fanciful ways to use them up because I get peeved if I have to throw out food.
Waste not want not and all that.

I had been thinking for a while how to do a blog for Pearl Jam. 
So my little peaches looked up at me from the bowl and said 
"It is time".


Picture from alternativenation.net (also, that's one lovely cardigan).


My Peachy Keen jam is in Honour of Pearl Jam and my teenage infatuation with Eddie Vedder.
Yup, let's just say I was very "keen" on that man. After all, he was my second big crush, after Richard E Grant.




Pearl Jam were also the first proper band that I ever got into. God I'd never heard anything like it before.
 It was my "Musical Awakening" and Pearl Jam will always be one of my most loved bands of all time. 

Recreation of the Pearl Jam Ten album cover. Clearly I am Eddie Vedder in the picture. 


I have Pearl Jam to thank for putting me on the path to Heavy Metal. 

Thanks guys. 



Peachy Keen Jam




This recipe is ridiculously easy. It's soft set too so just pop it in the fridge after it has cooled and it will last for about 2 weeks. 

400g fresh peaches chopped roughly
160g caster sugar
1 green chilli, I used a little fat Jalapeno sliced into fine rings.

Put all your ingredients into a heavy bottomed pot and cook on a medium heat stirring every now and then for about 1 hour until it is nice and thick. 

Leave to cool then store in the fridge for about 2 weeks. 

Kiss your posters of Eddie Vedder. Only kidding, I totally didn't do that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment